-
July 13th, 2004, 12:38 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I once before a show met Ike Willis a former sideman and vocalist for Frank Zappa, we had him call a buddy on the phone and chastise him for not making it to the show.
I also met Cherie and Marie once and had a great visit!
You ladies rule [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
July 13th, 2004, 01:37 AM
#2
HB Forum Owner
I smoked weed in the bathroom with the Bad Brains before they went onstage after the Circle Jerks. [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
July 13th, 2004, 02:22 AM
#3
SCHEMESofNEON
Guest
Met Oksana Baiul backstage during a show in Philly
all access pass- backstage at a Phish concert in Maryland - had the worst case of the munchies the next day!! wonder why?? [img]wink.gif[/img] -
high fived Joan at one of her shows - dosen't seem like much , but was a BIG deal for me!
drank [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] from the Calder Cup back in '97 when the Bears won the championship-
[img]cool.gif[/img]
-
July 13th, 2004, 10:43 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Back in the wild early 80's. Myself and some fellow caddies took the day off to go watch the pros at the westchester golf classic. This of course meant lot's of beer and weed. We decide to follow the great Tom Watson as we follwoed him down the fairway passing the bowl hwe raised our hands cheered for him and diplayed the pipe.
He was not amused and gave us a rotten dirty look.
Man nowadays we would have landed in jail for such a stunt....ah stupid youth [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
July 13th, 2004, 04:27 PM
#5
Inactive Member
[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] Where is the equivalent of an evil grin??? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
I created a near perfect replica of my college student I.D. on my computer, MINUS the expiration date....laminated and all....don't worry, it's just for movie discounts and using the library!!!
-
July 13th, 2004, 08:57 PM
#6
Inactive Member
In my wild days In 77 after a Zeppelin concert at MSG NY I hooked up with a couple of girl's that took me to a house party in fort Lee N. J. At the time I had a nice shining, blue hot rod. A 63 Impala ss 409. But After a twelve pack + of Heineken. I parked It on a hill & out of "Gear" and went to the party. Woke up the next day headache and no car? It rolled down the hill with no driver inside, onto an intersection and up into a persons back house patio. The car was Impounded and under my dads name. At the police station he threw the keys at me and said its time for you to move out. & also that he took me off his insurance policy. It was an expensive night out. for me. Oh well that's life...Eric [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
My-two fer- tuesday
Led Zeppelin......Your time is gonna come
Led Zeppelin .....Kashmire
And A Big Kiss For c/c [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ July 13, 2004 09:22 PM: Message edited by: STINGRAY 427 ]</font>
-
July 14th, 2004, 12:08 AM
#7
Inactive Member
One of the things I can hazily remember was when I was stationed in Athens, Greece in '83. There hadn't been any concerts in the year and a half I was there and then Uriah Heep showed up and put one on in a soccer stadium. A lot of funny things happened that night, But for this topic, me and a friend spent the last half of the show sitting on the front of the stage (about 6' high) smoking cigarettes. After awhile, the guys in the band wandered over while playing and started bumming cigarettes off us. I probably still have the guitar pick I took in trade around here somewhere.
-
July 17th, 2004, 06:04 AM
#8
Inactive Member
after watching the second Cherie/Marie show [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] (at The Whiskey almost two and a half decades ago)...I sent a celebratory bottle of their finest $$$ champagne backstage via bar/waitress,who said "they will probably invite you back there to share it with them", but being shy at the time, [img]redface.gif[/img] I said " no,that's ok"...so I wonder if they ever recieved it? or did the waitress pocket the money and tip and say "yeah,right"? [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img]
-
July 18th, 2004, 03:53 AM
#9
Inactive Member
I started chaos at a Melissa Etheridge concert once. I was standing in line for the bathroom with a couple of my friends and my sister. And I noticed there was no line for the mens room so I went in there. And of course I didn't go in there quite either, I made a really big seen. And of course more woman came in behind me and there was a guy in there that was calling me not very nice names. So I dumped my beer on his head. And he grabbed me and I hit him in a very bad place. The next thing I knew sercuity came in and they were gonna make both of us leave. But one of my friends that was with me her husband was a deputy sheriff so we didn't have to but the guy did. That was back in the day when I was a bad girl... Oh yeah there was a write up on it in the paper the next day.
Have a Great day...
Dawn
-
August 12th, 2004, 07:03 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Late 60's, early 70's A local car dealer had a promotion with Bob Denver of Gilligans Island fame signing autographs and a chance to go up in a hellicopter along with free food and stuff. I was more interested in the hellicopter and stood in line for a long time, As I was ushered through the line Bob cut through with a handfull of hotdogs and sat next to me and my friends for the 5 minute tour. He said it was the only way he could get a few minutes alone to eat.
Rog
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks